If you've been waiting for Fallout 4's new Survival mode before heading back into the Wasteland, you're going to have to wait a little longer on PS4 and Xbox One. Bethesda is still tinkering with the beta that's currently available on Steam on PC to make sure it's as painfully good as possible. Once the update is out of beta, the studio said it would be a week later to come to consoles so we're just going to have to be patient.
The new Fallout 1.5.146 Survival Beta update comes with new colours for icons to indicate exactly how exhausted/hungry/diseased or thirsty you are and a few balancing tweaks have been added. Bethesda clearly went a bit gung ho on the food and drink required for survival initially so now you won't need quite as much to get by but, on the downside, the carry capacity has been lowered even further. See the full fun packed list of changes below:
• Thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons will change colour based on status
• Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
• Carry capacity lowered
• Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
• Reduced chances to getting a disease
• Fusion cores weigh more
• Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
• Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
• Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
• When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!